3. Username and Password. After the completion of the user registration process, you will be given a unique login name and password. Please do not use the login name of another user, share your password to any third parties, or use login names/passwords for any unauthorized purposes. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password. Usernames, including team names, cannot be offensive and must be consistent with the decorum as outlined in Paragraph 8, below.
4. Registered Users. The intent of this Site is to provide an open, healthy and respectful environment where users are free to share ideas and engage in discussions or debate. Any actions that are considered misuse, abuse, inappropriate or a violation of these terms may result in the revocation of your Site registration. Please carefully read the U.S. Department of Defense Social Media User Agreement at http://www.defense.gov/socialmedia/terms-of-service.aspx (the "Agreement"). Using the discussion forums at the Site constitutes your agreement to comply with the Agreement.
5. Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights. Do not transmit or upload any content that you do not own or have authorization from the content's owner to transmit (including any information, editorial content, graphics, photos, designs, text, programs, files, software, or other materials). DARPA does not expressly or impliedly authorize or consent to, induce or contribute to participants infringing on any patent, copyright, or trademark or to misappropriate any trade secret.
6. Contracts, Confidentiality, and Indemnification. You agree that you will not disclose to DARPA or its affiliates, or to any user, any information which you are under an existing contractual or other legal obligation to maintain in confidence or otherwise do not have the right to sell or license. You agree that you will not discuss any confidential information of your own or other parties', or related to any DARPA initiative or competition, unless you are specifically working within the confines of a Project Forum through the Site. Should your participation in the service be found to breach legal obligations you may have with other third parties, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless DARPA, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, from and against all claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising in connection with such unauthorized and prohibited disclosure.
7. Ownership and Use. DARPA shall retain all ownership in the Site and all content generated by DARPA that is displayed on the Site. Other than your self-generated content on the Site, please do not modify or attempt to modify the Site in any manner or form. You agree that DARPA shall not be liable to you for any modification or discontinuance of the Site and DARPA may discontinue the Site and its services without any notice to you.
8. Compliance. You agree to not use any device, software, or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Site or which is intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information. You agree not to take any action (including without limitation, spamming) that imposes an unreasonable load on DARPA's infrastructure. You agree not to take any actions which may undermine the integrity of our system or the services, such as: leaving feedback or ratings for yourself; using the Site in violation of local, state, national, or international law; attempting to upload files or content that contain material that violates the intellectual property rights of any third party. You are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding your use of the services and the transfer of the technologies or information with which you are involved, including without limitation, import/export requirements, and DARPA expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility thereto.
9. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer. DARPA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR OTHER COSTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES) YOU SUFFER OR INCUR AS A RESULT OF THIRD PARTY CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL DARPA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY DAMAGES REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND AT DARPA'S REQUEST, DEFEND DARPA AND/OR FROM, THIRD PARTY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE FOR PUBLICATION OR ANY BREACH BY YOU OF THIS AGREEMENT.
10. Disputes and Governing Law. You agree that any dispute arising under this Site will be governed by the law of the United States at a federal court.
Please report suspected violations of any part of these terms to the "Contact Site Administrator" feature within this Site.